Friday, March 28, 2014

Free Ravelry download - seems like old times

front
back
While in between projects, I stumbled upon this free pattern called seems like old times.  It's a cute and lacy type wrap that I had some Bernat baby soft in my stash that would work perfectly.  So, away I went..... The pattern was easy enough to follow until I came to the puff stitch.  I decided that the puff stitch and I would not be friends, and decided to wing it from there.  I thought it turned out pretty well!  Since I was making it for a six year old, I only continued for three rows after the puff stitch. I decided that a six year old might be challenged to keep a wrap around her shoulders, especially this very active six year old.  I decided that the wrap would become a poncho, and it did.  I followed the same pattern for the back but I kept the pattern open except where I added the stripes of pink and yellow. I then took both sides, eye-balled the neck opening, and joined them together using two single crochets in each space.  For the flowers, I chained 3, then 10 dc in the first chain stitch (I don't like the magic circle). Join the yellow with a slip stitch.  For the petals, I chained two, 1dc,2tc,2dc all in the same stitch, slip stitch in the next stitch then repeat 4 times for a total of five petals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment