Monday, November 18, 2013

socks

so I'm following this free pattern for crochet socks and since I want the second one to look like the first, I'm writing my notations down here.  It's easier, since I'm sooooo good at losing stuff....

I followed the pattern precicely for the ribbing or whatever it's called, then I only added four rows since the person who wants them just about ankle height.  

next you skip 10 stitches and sc 20 then turn for 21 rows  (I'm making a size nine sock)

then the toe, dec in each of the ends until you have 10 stitches, then increase back to 20
Took me 4 rows of dec and 4 rows of increase for the toe

then 21 rows of 20 sc for bottom of foot

heel = dec each side 4 rows, inc each side 4 rows
sew together

These turned out REALLY WIDE more like boots than socks.... so I'll make them a little smaller in the 21 rows... probably try 15 next time, I'd like them to hug the feet instead of swallowing them

No comments:

Post a Comment